If you want to modernize your outdoor landscape, hardscaping is a great way to do it. Hardscaping can completely transform your yard so that you can make the most of it. If you are unfamiliar with hardscaping and how it can enhance the aesthetics of your property, this article will teach you the basics and help you recognize the benefits.
What Is Hardscaping?
- Hardscaping is an approach that includes any type of inanimate, non-living, or decorative structure in a landscape. It consists of man-made features such as stone patios, wooden fences, and fountains that are incorporated into landscape architecture. Landscaping on the other hand includes both hardscapes like wood, stone, and concrete as well as the natural, soft, and living elements known as softscapes.
Benefits Of Hardscaping
- Hardscapes look great and have many benefits including:
- Installation of hardscaping elements does not require a lot of money and is easier to maintain. Moreover, these stone and concrete elements can last for years with just a little upkeep. Hardscaping is just a one-time investment that saves you from the yearly recurring cost.
The initial cost of hardscaping your yard is also comparatively less. It allows you to save money on replantation every spring.
Transforms Your Outdoor Space
- Any space can be perfectly transformed with some hardscaping. If you have a backyard that is barren due to lack of maintenance, poor sunlight, or some other issue you can completely renew it with hardscaping. For instance, a built deck will conceal the dead grass and extend the outdoor space.
You can add a dining table and enjoy outdoor dining any time you want. Built-in seating, creative visuals on walls, and physical borders laid out strategically can give a whole new appearance to your outdoor space.
- Hardscaping can give you a beautiful yard and save you from the efforts of watering plants and maintaining grass. When grass is replaced with a stone patio the need for continuous maintenance of the yard and its living elements is eliminated. As the hardscaping elements are man-made and non-living they do not require much upkeep.
Homeowners can work with landscapers to select and install low-maintenance hardscapes that will leave your yard looking beautiful for years. Moreover, hardscaping can save the time and money spent on mowing and pruning the lawn.
Adds Value To Your Property
- Landscaping improves the curb appeal of the property. It adds value to your home whether you want to sell it now or in years to come. Just a little cost and effort on your part can increase the selling price of the house. Flowers no matter how beautiful they look, cannot last forever.
Hardscaping is the permanent option to enhance the attractiveness of the yard and have it ready for sale whenever you want. Even if you are not planning to sell the property, hardscaping can help you relax and enjoy your visually appealing outdoor space.
- While it may go unnoticed, softscaping requires a lot of water. Gallons of water are used for the sustenance of flowers, plants, and the grass on the lawn. Hardscaping, on the other hand, can save all that water. With hardscaping, you do not have to stress over mud pits and mess created by the rainfall in the yard. When it rains, it washes away all the debris and dirt leaving your hardscape looking new. It helps the environment and does not require much effort on your part.
If you are ready to transform your landscape into a beautiful hardscaped outdoor space, reach out to us. Our contractors at Infinity Design Solutions have decades of experience in repairs, maintenance, and construction of hardscapes. Call us at (202) 629-3692 to start a conversation. We are located in Washington, DC.