Here, various suggestions are discussed for inexpensively remodeling an old kitchen
While a full-scale remodel may not be within the budget, there are plenty of ways to bring an old kitchen into the present day. With creative use of colors and functional designs, homeowners can remodel an old kitchen in a budget-friendly way. This article lists some amazing ideas that will make a big difference in the appearance and utility of your kitchen.
Upgrade Kitchen Cabinets
- Installing brand new kitchen cabinets cost about 30-35% of the average kitchen remodel cost. You do not have to spend thousands of dollars on replacing the cabinets when mostly it’s only the front that needs updating.
If the current cabinets are in good shape, all they need is a few simple upgrades to make them look better and up-to-date.
Consider the following simple cabinet upgrades:
- Replace the worn-out knobs, cabinet pulls, and hinges with contemporary hardware.
- Paint the cabinets in a new color to get rid of oily stains and scratches.
- Painting, restraining, and adding a new trim can give your kitchen an upgraded appearance.
While fancy colors look vibrant, bright white kitchen cabinets can create a clean and fresh look in the kitchen. Make these affordable changes even if you can’t replace the entire cabinets.
Swap Out Your Flooring
- Flooring is one of the most overlooked areas of the kitchen but it plays a substantial role in the overall look of the kitchen. If your floors are old do not let them keep you in the past. Switch from traditional to more resilient, timeless, and modern materials. Installing wood, stone, or tile flooring will enhance the overall appeal of the kitchen.
These materials not only last longer but also add to the value of your home by improving its curb appeal. Travertine, slate, and ceramic tiles that mimic the look of hardwood are becoming popular nowadays.
Remodel The Countertops
- There is an endless variety of countertop surface options available today to replace the old and outdated ones. Countertops occupy a large portion of the kitchen so they should not be ignored when considering kitchen remodeling. Over the last few years, designers have come up with creative ideas and are using durable structural materials for the countertops.
These include solid surfacing varieties such as resin and natural stone varieties including marble and granite. The modern and heavy-duty countertops are not only visually appealing but are also great for satisfying your style and budget.
Add A Place To Sit
- The kitchen is inarguably the busiest area of the house where the residents are more likely to congregate at mealtimes. Contemporary kitchens accept and support this by adding seating to the kitchen.
Seating can give a whole new appearance to the kitchen whether you add countertop stools, seats at a breakfast bar, or a banquette. Seating has become an essential part of the modern kitchen.
Install New Lighting Options
- Once you are done remodeling the main components of the kitchen, lighting comes next. While it may be considered an unnecessary expense by some people, lighting is important for the safety, ambiance, and feel of your kitchen. Consider replacing the single overhead lighting fixture with a modern illumination source.
Lightings that are installed under cabinets to illuminate countertops give your kitchen a stylish look. Other great options for updating lighting sources include pendant lighting over a kitchen island and chandeliers.
If you are ready to transform your kitchen with effective and simple updates call us at 202 629-3692. Infinity Design Solutions offer interior renovation services including kitchen remodeling and renovation. We are located in Washington, DC.